Mulch and rock installation services available for your home or business in Noblesville, IN and surrounding communities.
Refresh your landscaping bed ground covers annually for mulch and bi-annually for rock.
We offer our expert mulch and rock installation services to homes and businesses. A popular time of the year to refresh mulch or rock is during the spring. However, we install ground covers at virtually all times of the year, except winter.
We recommend customers add new mulch annually and new rock bi-annually. This not only allows you to continue reaping the health benefits of the mulch for the plants in your beds, it also leaves your landscaping beds beautiful and bountiful all through the season.
Benefits of Mulch
While mulch provides decorative value to your landscaping beds, the benefits go much further. Some of the most important benefits that come from fresh mulch in your landscaping include:
- Water loss is reduced when using mulch.
- The mulch acts as a temperature regulator by keeping the soil cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
- Mulch improves the soil's moisture and nutrient absorption.
- Mulch suppresses weed growth and the spread of multiple types of plant diseases.
- Your landscaping beds will be less prone to soil erosion.
Proper installation of your mulch is important to reach its maximum benefits, which is why it's a great idea to leave the task to Spider Lawn & Landscape.
Popular mulch in the greater Noblesville region includes dyed mulch in black or dark brown. Other common mulch options are red dyed mulch, shredded hardwood, and hardwood bark.
Benefits of Rock
We primarily do mulching for our residential and commercial customers. However, rock can be requested directly from any customer. Though rock shares many of the same benefits as mulch, there are some benefits to using rock in your landscaping beds that are different, such as:
- Rock is low maintenance and needs to be replaced less often than mulch.
- Rock is less expensive than mulch in the long run, because it lasts longer.
- Rock has the capability of keeping weeds away longer than mulch.
One downside to choosing rock instead of mulch is that it can result in an imbalance in your soil's pH, making it harder for some plants to grow well. Additionally, rocks can get extremely hot, which raises the temperature of the soil.
The Process of Laying Down Ground Covers
Once you have selected the mulch or rock you want in your beds, we are ready to install your new ground covering. We do mulching for both residential and commercial locations all around the Noblesville, Carmel, Westfield, and Fishers areas.
Prior to laying the ground covering, we follow these simple steps:
- Remove any existing weeds from the landscaping beds.
- Clean any debris from the beds.
- Plant new plants in your landscaping bed.
- We edge the landscaping beds and reshape them if necessary.
- We rake the landscaping beds smooth and prepare for mulch.
- We install the mulch or rock using proper techniques.
We lay the mulch at an approximate depth of 2-3". Prior to mulching, we take an estimate of the square footage to determine the number of cubic feet needed.
Contact us for a free estimate to have mulch or rock installed in your landscape beds.
You will get nothing less than excellent, professional service that is punctual. Also, you can count on attention to detail being placed on your property from our landscaping team. Do you need an estimate? Call us at (317) 900-7151 to have us start the process of installing your mulch or rock today.
Recent Mulch & Rock Articles
Monday, April 01, 2019
Your yard serves so many purposes in your life: it helps you entertain, it gives your kids a place to play, and it provides a...
Read more mulch and rock articles on our blog.